Gregory talks with Charlie Donovan, a visiting professor of sustainable finance at the Foster School of Business. The discussion revolves around the integration of climate change and sustainability into finance and business education, drawing on Donovan’s experience in teaching and in the industry. Key topics include the importance of understanding climate risks in finance, the transformation of industries due to climate change, the skills gap in environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing, and sustainable finance. The episode also covers a student study tour to Costa Rica led by Donovan, focusing on sustainability efforts and community-led development.
- Book: For The Common Good: Redirecting the Economy toward Community, the Environment, and a Sustainable Future
- Book: The Ecology of Commerce Revised Edition: A Declaration of Sustainability (Collins Business Essentials)
- Foster MBA Global Study Tours:
- How Costa Rica Leverages Collectivism for Economic Growth
- Short Term MBA Study Tours (the next tour Charlie will be co-leading is to Spain)
- The Climate Risk Lab
Charlie recommends reading the Financial Times for their coverage of climate change and business.