This episode features a conversation with Nivedita Kumar, Foster MBA ’22. Prior to coming to Foster, Nivi worked at Philips as a technical sales manager and then in a variety of roles culminating in Program Manager at Swiggy, a local delivery startup in India. Nivi interned in a Program Manager role at Amazon during the summer of 2021 and then recruited for full time roles throughout her second year in the MBA program landing a full time role at Microsoft as a Product Manager.
Nivi shared the importance of building a strong network with fellow classmates, Foster alumni and others, and how this network was instrumental to her getting interviews and the role she is in now.
Some of the resources we mentioned during the show include:
- Exponent: online courses and prep for product management
- Inspired: How TO Create Products Customers Love, by Marty Cagan
- The Lean Product Playbook, by Dan Olsen
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, by Nir Eyal
- Product Podcast from Product School
- Product Thinking with Melissa Perri
- The Product Experience from mind the PRODUCT