I speak with Class of 2022 Foster MBA grad, Xiajin “XJ” Cai. XJ is originally from China, and started her MBA at Foster in the Fall of 2020, while classes and most activities were being conducted remotely. I was impressed with the way she engaged not only in the Foster community, through clubs, and recruiting activities, but also participated in case competitions beyond Foster. I wanted to have her on the show to talk about her experiences as an international student, how she handled internship and full time recruiting, and the experience and skills she gained through case competitions.
- Learn SQL or other programming languages with online education sites like Coursera, EdX, or OpenCourseWare from MIT
- The After Hours podcast from the Ted Radio Collective
- Look for resources on mock interviews, case interviews, google mock interviews + consulting firm name, find videos about how they are conducted.
- AT&T She Counts case competition, read about XJ and her teammate on the Foster Blog
- MyVisaJobs.com and H1BGrader.com to find companies that have sponsored H1B Visas previously.